Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Radio & Clock not working in 2002

Old 11-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Radio & Clock not working in 2002

Did you check the fuses in the passenger compartment? (There are two fuse boxes; one under the hood and one under the dash.)

Old 11-12-2007, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Doohickie

Did you check the fuses in the passenger compartment? (There are two fuse boxes; one under the hood and one under the dash.)
yes, thanks, it was a 10A clock fuse. now i know to remove my neg cable on the battery before i start working on the cd player

Old 11-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Glad it worked out!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:12 PM

Thank you, thanks you, thank you!!

Had the same problem - accidently crossed wires jumping the vehicel (was planning to replace battery before winter anyway and just waited one day too long!) and the n had no clock, no radio, no dome lights, no remote (unless the car was running!!! What's up with that?!), no warning chimes, and a really "wonky" temp and gas gauge. Checked all the fuses that seemed even remotely related but just never thought to check the "Room/LP" fuse #25! Not even sure what the heck that refers to but .... all is well in Elantra land once again.

Thanks!

Old 12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

This is easily the most common electricalissue with Elantras when the stereo is messed with. Fuse 25 powers a lot of things, including radio memory, the clock, dome lights, and the ETACS which controls the alarm system. There is a second source of power to the ETACS that comes on when the key is on, that's why it works when the engine is running.

ROOM/LP means "Room Lamp"(dome light). I guess they label it that because they feel someone will notice if their dome light goes out and they will then know what fuse to check.

I added an extra light in my trunk and I think the wire rubbed up against the body once, shorting the power and blowing the fuse... I was in a curve and had a bag of cement back there. It went thump against the side and then my radio died. I replaced Fuse 25 (with a spare from the fuse box) and was on my way with everything working again. It freaked me out pretty good at the time. So while a lot of the advice I give on this board is from reading the manuals and stuff, this one I actually have personal experience with.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 AM

im currently experiencing the same problem.. as i was trying to install my aftermarket stereo back into the car, it stopped working along with the clock and the interior dashboard/speeometer lights.. and i checked all the fuses they seem to be fine, any suggestions?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:25 AM

Can anyone out there give me any insight on a problem...The fuse F25 inside the car blows.. Right now I have no: Radio/Interior lights/Gas gauge/Eng. temp/Door locks...I did notice when the car is on the door locks will jump to the opposit position if attemted to lock or unlock??

Old 10-26-2008, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Doohickie

If the radio, and the clock, and oh, say the door courtesy lamps, the trunk lamp, the dome lamp are all out, check Fuse 25 in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box, the one at the right end of the bottom row:

I know you said you checked the fuses, but that's the one that controls all the stuff I listed. If it's not that, and those lights and stuff work, you may have a problem with your ETACS, the unit that controls your alarm and a lot of other functions in the car.
Thank you !!! thank you!!!

I too did the same mistake. While charging my battery using jumper cables, had wrong jumpers polarity connected, then after proper connection, there was no light, no radio, no central locking... i was freaked out thinking what happened... googled and came to this thread, replaced the Room/LP fuse (located in passenger compartment when you pull the coin compartment on left side of the steering wheel)... not sure why it is #25... may be depending on number of this fuse... used one from the spares fuse box under the hood... thank you so much... your tip is really helpful... thank you thank you...

Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 AM

doohickie, any chance you could repost that image? it seems to be gone now and i just killed my aftermarket stereo with a backwards jump, so i think it might help me to know where these fuses are.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:51 AM

i bought 2007 elantra at auction.radio has power-display works but no sound,any thoughts-can all speakers go at the same time/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio & Clock not working in 2002