Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Hyundai cannot replace lost keys

Old 08-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ddelongc
It's easy. All they have to do is solve the problem and I will start recommending the car again. Sometimes nitpicking is the only way to get things done. I really don't care what anybody thinks.
Wrong, you recommend a car based on how good the car is, not on how bad ONE dealer is.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:20 AM

I agree with Nova, When we bought ours it came with a national satisfaction survey which i guess not many ppl fill in. Bout the dealer and your general satisfaction with the dealer. I guess you could express your concerns with that, aswell as a call to the Hyundai head office with some appropriate words of you're frustration. In my line of work one angry customer who dosn't recommend us is generally going to spread word of mouth to 10 people.

The Hyundai Forum has many many people looking at too...

On a lighter note, our dealer was awsome. We ordered the car on Friday and on Tuseday night it was ready to go! Delivered from their hq in sydney aprox 780 km away and they supprised the **** out of us because we werent expecting it till the following friday! Very good service, we also recieved the i30 floor mats and also 2 goodie bags with wine and chocolates which was nice of them lol and an 1gb usb stick!

We bought it from Melton Hyundai in Victoria, Australia.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:46 PM

There is a problem with the locking system of the Touring. There is no way to lock the hatch and keep the driver's door unlocked. You should take your car into the dealership to get this fixed before you get your keys re-programmed.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Dear Nitpicking - please keep up the good work. Hyundai needs to support their warranty and customer service claims with more than words. If they want to play with the Japanese car manufacturer's they will have to behave like them also. I am very disappointed with Hyundai's problem resolution process. Or lack there of.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GreyTouring
There is a problem with the locking system of the Touring. There is no way to lock the hatch and keep the driver's door unlocked. You should take your car into the dealership to get this fixed before you get your keys re-programmed.
Originally Posted by GreyTouring
Dear Nitpicking - please keep up the good work. Hyundai needs to support their warranty and customer service claims with more than words. If they want to play with the Japanese car manufacturer's they will have to behave like them also. I am very disappointed with Hyundai's problem resolution process. Or lack there of.
That's not a problem, that's how the system was designed. When you use the unlock button it unlocks all the doors including the hatch. If you don't want to unlock all the doors you must physically move the lock button on the door above the handle (not the button by the window switches).

You've made 3 post here, all complaining. Like I said above, one bad dealer doen't mean Hyundai as a whole is bad.

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-09-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
one bad dealer doen't mean Hyundai as a whole is bad.
I would tend to agree.

With one simple condition.

Upon contacting Hyundai directly, the company would IMMEDIATELY AND ENTHUSIASTICALLY solve the problem.

Getting new keys/codes should be a painless and quick for your customers.

No excuses.

If a car company can't satisfy this reasonable and simple request than it's NOT a dealer problem, but rather a corporate one.

Yes I know this thread is ancient

Last edited by zakco; 12-06-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-13-2013, 12:01 AM

I was given a tag with the key code for my elantra when I bought my car in august 2011.